Do you suffer from "Quality Creep"?

I want to be the first to nominate John Matthews, for running across the very live 101 freeway to find a rusty, broken piece of iron. That is what I call a "money is no object cheapskate." The broken gap plate had no value, but to him it represented a last chance- enough to walk the freeway for!

On quality creep, I'm with you. I call it turd polish, and I tend to polish turds to a high shine that belies the reality that polished turds are still turds. In other words, I won't be selling a vehicle for more than I've got into it in this lifetime.

I was told you can not polish a turd, but they can be spray painted. Now putting lipstick on a pig is a totally different story...........

I read quality creep a different way.
As I'm totally self taught and most of my projects have been somewhat lengthy I find I make what I thought at the time was a good job.
Later as my skill levels increased albeit slowly I just have to go back and re-do or re-design the part because I can see that it actually wasnt that good after all.

Plastic modelers say that is what the back of the display case is for. :grin:

Creep is different on long projects...

At first much attention and time to small details.

As time goes by attention shifts to not as small details as one determines they take too much time...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back