Do you work in Imperial or Metric?

I work in US Customary Units. You may have to look that one up? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G"

I work in US Customary Units. You may have to look that one up? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G"

So do you work with the international system or the surveyors system for your linear measurements?:whistle:

Its interesting to note that US customary systems of measurement are dependent upon the international system of units for their formal definitions.

Last edited:
So do you work with the international system or the surveyors system for your linear measurements?

I don't think any new work is being done in the survey foot. The State Plane Coordinate Systems are being converted to metric. The North American Datum is already metric.

Its interesting to note that US customary systems of measurement are dependent upon the international system of units for their formal definitions.

Yes, since 1893.

My measuring tools are all imperial. I have imperial and metric wrenches, taps and dies.

My job as a chemist is all metric, all the time.

Walt

All imperial here but I do keep a metric Crescent wrench handy for the occasional odd ball fastener.

All imperial here but I do keep a metric Crescent wrench handy for the occasional odd ball fastener.

What is a metric Crescent wrench? What a "Crescent wrench" to me & everyone I know around here is an adjustable wrench. Being adjustable, doesn't matter if it's metric or imperial. :headscratch: :lmao:

Ok, Here it is....The metric, heavy duty adjustable.:roflmao:

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

whoa, that was a good got- cha I was about to say metric pipe wrench !

I was taught in US std. but working in the motorcycle/automotive industry for many years, I learned both. If something is metric, I keep it all metric including any mods or repairs. If I'm making something from scratch, I use fraction/decimals. I have the tools, tooling and hardware to do a job either way.

I think I got one of those in a set with left hand metric screwdrivers.

My brain is wired for US inches too. I can visualize metric measurements but do so by comparing to inch. (holding thumb and forefinger with a slight gap) 3mm, hmm that's about 1/8". I convert all the drawings I receive to inch as well.

Back