Does anyone have some Babbitt?

pontiac428

John Newman
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I'm looking for a few pounds of some known-good bearing babbitt. Anyone have some sitting off in the corner somewhere that is going unutilized?

Just for clarity, I'm not looking for any old lead, but a hard lead alloy for babbitting bearings. I am looking to use it to restore a 7/8 internal hex sliding bearing bore for the carriage drive on my Nardini.

Thanks!

I know a company that uses the stuff
how many pounds do I need
Probably about 2 lbs, maybe a little extra in case it ends up leaking onto the floor when I pour it. It's a one-shot project. Thanks for looking into it.

I have an 3.46 lb. ingot of Carbonite Ideal 10 babbitt If you can't find what you need locally, contact me

I'm looking for a few pounds of some known-good bearing babbitt. Anyone have some sitting off in the corner somewhere that is going unutilized?

Just for clarity, I'm not looking for any old lead, but a hard lead alloy for babbitting bearings. I am looking to use it to restore a 7/8 internal hex sliding bearing bore for the carriage drive on my Nardini.

Thanks!
Give me a minute and I/ll send you some pictures. This is bearing grade I used for 3 and 4" shafting before I retired.

This is severe service Tuftex 77 nickel Rollite babbitt. If you can use it let me know and it's your's.
33B081B3-1B86-44DC-95CA-0A659C6B3FFA.jpeg
689E818A-5601-4534-8BED-4558389CCEEB.jpeg
F05CE3E6-3F56-4EFF-80D8-1352E9B9B00E.jpeg

Last edited:
Back