Does anyone know correct use of registration marks on Kurt 4" vise

O

ome

Forum Guest
Register Today
Hi everyone
so i indicated my nice new vice, and then noticed one mark on either side of the vise on a kind of angled tab, unpainted, with a scribed line down center of space.
It does not line up with any of the 3 t tracks on my mill

thanks to eveyone
jon

For what its worth Jon, I dont trust those anyways, seems they only get you close. better off having none at all.
sam

If you have the Kurt swivel base they line up with the "0" degree mark on it.

base.jpg

base.jpg

No more calls folks, we have a winner. Thanks Don.

"Billy G"

I understand not buying the base for the 4" considering they get over $300 for them new. I have one for my 6" Kurt and I think I've only used it once or twice in the last 10 years.

Re: Does anyone know correct use of registration marks on Kurt 4" vise

Thank you, i did not buy the swivel base, i should have figured that one out, thanks again.
Jon

Don't worry about the markings. If you indicate your vise that is the best method anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand not buying the base for the 4" considering they get over $300 for them new. I have one for my 6" Kurt and I think I've only used it once or twice in the last 10 years.

I bet in all my years in this trade I used a swivel base maybe five times. Same with a rotary table. I have indicated many vises on several different kinds/brands of milling machines.

I must be in the minority because I use my swivel base quite often. I also like it because it gets the vise up off the table a bit which makes it easier to hold odd shaped work.

Jon, do you have keys in the bottom of your vise? They eliminate the need for indicating if you take your vise off the table.

Tom

Back