Does anyone know correct use of registration marks on Kurt 4" vise

I had an older Kurt 6 inch mill vise mounted on a Kurt swivel base. The registration mark was dead on with that vise. I recently bought a new Kurt 688 vise and mounted it on the old swivel base. Now the registration mark is off by 12 degrees. Like others said, the marks are to get you in the ballpark.

I must be in the minority because I use my swivel base quite often. I also like it because it gets the vise up off the table a bit which makes it easier to hold odd shaped work.

Jon, do you have keys in the bottom of your vise? They eliminate the need for indicating if you take your vise off the table.

Tom
No i do not
i have a kurt D - 40 a 4 in wide vise. What keys do i get and where.
My cheaper grizzly vice came with two rectangular blocks, but my friend and metor said to throw them away because the were not accurate enough and lose fit in the table slot.
The d-40 did not come wiht any but i see enco sell two types of keys

which ones will work in my mill
thanks
jon

Loose in the table slot is fine as long as the two blocks are matched. You always push the vise against the back of the slot before you tighten the hold downs anyway. I don't know which ones you need for your mill. They just need to fit the slot in the vise and be sized for the table slots.

Tom

Back