• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• As some of you know, I have wanted to stop managing H-M for some time. It's a tremendous strain on my personal life. I want to set up my own shop. In September, September 15, to be exact, it will be 8 years that Hobby-Machinist has been in existence.

I have been training VTCNC to run things here. Dabbler is going to learn too. I feel that they are ready to start taking over the operation. I will be here to help in case they need, but I don't think they will. Tony Wells is and will be here also to consult with. I will be doing backups, upgrades, and installing addons. Other than that, I will not be around. I am leaving this place in good operating condition, and financial condition.
    --Nelson
[4]

Does anyone know what a focus1 is

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

utterstan

Registered
Registered
made buy emerson i got it for a dollar i think its some kind of vfd ....it has an on off switch it also has a dial that goes from 1to 10 and a forward and reverse switch

Last edited:

utterstan

Registered
Registered
thank you now i have to get a dc motor or will my ac do the job.this is a great forum thankyou very much.

markba633csi

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
You would need a DC permanent magnet or shunt wound motor of the correct voltage- but your controller may or may not be working- try to download
the schematic/manual if you can, it should tell you what type of motor to use and the voltage and current ratings.
Mark

markba633csi

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
You're welcome- If it needs fixing I might be able to help you troubleshoot it, but it really helps to have the schematic on hand.
Mark
ps sounds like a pretty good deal for 1$, especially if it works!

KBeitz

Registered
Registered
Big dollar item.... Around $800.

British Steel

Active User
Former Member
you can test it by putting a few bulbs across the output, it should vary the brightness as you turn the control - that will save you buying a DC motor just to find it's fried :)

Dave H. (the other one)

[6]
[5] [7]