Does anyone know what is in the accessory set for a revolving turret tailstock?

Can't make much out on pic#1. Pic #2 looks like the die holder. #3 looks like the tap holder (see if the collets fit it, if so, that's the tap holder). Can't make out much from #4. #5 just seems like another shot of the die holder? Or is it another part that just looks similar?

I guess you could to this be elimination too. The drill chucks are obvious, set those aside. The tap holder is the one that accepts the collets, the die holder is the one that accepts the die adapters. Set those aside. The live center should be obvious too, set that aside. The only thing left over should be the reamer holder. I guess the question after that is, "how do I use it". Maybe someone smarter than me will able to help you there once you figure out which one it is ;)

The taps and die holders both fit those two sliding holders on a shaft, or float. The last pic is the only holder that has a threaded top with center hole.
Jon

Pic #1 is the underside of a tap collet that fits into pix 2, which is one of two floating holders
pic 3 is another holder but as in the pic, has threaded top with center hole
The question is what goes with the two identical floating holder, the die adapters and the tap collets both fit them.
Then what goes in the holder which is short, only 3 inches and has a threaded top with centered hole.
As cescribed in ad: tap holder, die holder, and reamer chuck.

Thanks guys,
jon

I'm guessing that's the reamer holder then. If you put a reamer shank into the inner hole, is there a means to secure it?

I'm guessing that's the reamer holder then. If you put a reamer shank into the inner hole, is there a means to secure it?
Yes, there are 2 set screws opposite each other to tighten the shaft in place. The centered hole in the cap is slightly under .5 inches.
it is the shortest of the 6 holders.
Any idea why the other two holders for the die adaptors and tap collets slide a few inches on a steel shaft?
thanks dms

Last edited by a moderator:
Back