Does Anyone Know Who Enco Has/had Manufacture Their Older Lathes?

paul prudowe

Registered
Registered
From what I have been reading they do not "support" the older 110-2031 lathe I just bought used. I figure they are just buying a rebaged product like grizzly and that maybe the true manufacturer may be of help. I know of no issues other than a potential interlock safety one I read of - here I think...

I saw others looking for manuals etc with little help. If one of you know of a good source please feel free to chime in :)

Thanks in advance- paul

Enco as far as I know, has never built their own lathes. I do know the much older ones came from Taiwan. I don't know the manufacture's name. If you can find a name cast in the bed, Google it and see what comes up. You might get lucky. Your best be for a manual is to match your lathe up with one on Grizzly's web site and down load their's. The parts will be the same, may not interchange easily but get you close enough to fit them if a need was ever needed. Electrical, I would rewire the entire machine with updated stuff if it was me.

From what I have been reading they do not "support" the older 110-2031 lathe I just bought used. I figure they are just buying a rebaged product like grizzly and that maybe the true manufacturer may be of help. I know of no issues other than a potential interlock safety one I read of - here I think...

I saw others looking for manuals etc with little help. If one of you know of a good source please feel free to chime in :)

Thanks in advance- paul

Look under Jet , enco and other asian lathes for jet 13 x 36, I got help finding a manual for my dads lathe - http://www.ozarkwoodworker.com/13x25-13x36-13x40-Metal-Lathe-Manual-JET-Enco-Grizzly_p_767.html

I too ave an older Enco lathe. It was made in Taiwan in 1989. In my search for a manual I found out that Dar-Sin manufactured the lathe. Never did find a manual specific to my lathe. As yooper suggests OzarkWoodworker may have one. Grizzly also has a good list of downloadable manuals that may be helpful. This is the one I found.

Tom S

Attachments

• g1001_m manual.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 38
Lux Matter does their Turn-Pro lathes

Randy

I have an Enco 110-1340. What parts are you looking for?

GG

Back