Does It Ever Seem Like Stupid Follows You Around

Whyemier

Active User
Registered
The reason I ask is I feel like it's looking over my shoulder waiting for an opportunity.:panic:

I was testing out the new (to me) Grizzly Lathe, putting it through its paces. I like to run them a bit hard to make any imperfections and defrugalties raise their ugly heads. Just enough stress that it will become evident if I've made a mistake or not.

I was cutting some brass, trying the knurling tool, cutting off a piece to make a hand knob. Well I was running fast, 1200 rpm just to make it do what it'll do. I know some of y'all wouldn't but I do just to see, though I wouldn't normally. I was using the steady rest, probably had the jaws a bit tight and cutting off a piece of brass at that speed. Now think, friction builds heat. After the cut off was finished I picked up the brass. Ouch! Lot of heat there, seared my thumb and forefinger good. Stupid. :cussing:I knew there was heat there, could feel it from the brass bar.

Like I said, stupid follows me around.

BTW, no problems so far with the lathe...just me.:happyhappy:

If you push your machine, sooner or later it will push back. Glad you didn't get hurt worse.

Stupid not only follows me around but if I stop to fast it runs me over.**************** ***************Just Saying**********************Gator***********************

Back