Dogmeat™ SloMo Grinder

So what does "Dogmeat" mean? I searched on the web, and the meanings I found didn't seem to match what is being discussed here. Does it mean down and dirty, just something that it is not so elegant but still gets the job done? I am looking for a simple diamond grinder. I bought some Dremel diamond disks from Harbor Freight, and man those things go through the carbide. I see the allure; something like this should work really well, and no guards needed.
Dogmeat™ denotes to me at least, "cobbled together" to fit a need.
It starts here:
-=-=-
and then continues here on the board:
amongst others...

Rounded up the grinders today, taking dimensions and dinking around.
The Millers-Falls sitting next to the others look kinda puny.
I had bought new bearings for the front blue one and of course can't find them now. I'm going to set this one up for buffing.
0130201447__R.jpg

Then my benchtops L-R are a 7" Craftsman - that needs balancing, oldie 6" Craftsman with a de-burr wheel and reg grinding wheel and then the Baldor with a 'green' wheel and a fine oxide for HSS.
P1080873__R.jpg
So what I'm trying to accomplish is get them all situated in one area with dust collection and tune them up.

Hey, wait a minute! Where is the belt sander? There is just too much of this roundy wheel thing going on here ... ;)

If you opt for CBN wheels you won't need dust extraction - just a thought.

Oh H*ll, there went the layouts I was working on. I forgot the two belt sanders. :bang head:
Docs are talking borderline COPD so I'm attempting to at least put in basic dust collection.
CBN - when the budget allows or bargains show up at sales, like the 6" diamond. (though I'm not sure that's CBN.)
Here they are on the bench I was thinking of using for all of them, since it's on casters.
0918171658__R.jpg

I like that little 1" guy in the back.

Sorry to hear about the COPD thing. Yeah, dust collection would be wise, along with really good respirators.

Forgot to mention that CBN is not the same as a diamond wheel. CBN is made for grinding HSS. The wheels do not need dressing, they cannot blow up and should far outlast an abrasive wheel for tool grinding. Not sure it would work in a slow speed grinder, though.

Forgot to mention that CBN is not the same as a diamond wheel. CBN is made for grinding HSS. The wheels do not need dressing, they cannot blow up and should far outlast an abrasive wheel for tool grinding. Not sure it would work in a slow speed grinder, though.
Now you have me looking.... :grin: Put one on the Baldor...
wonder how the import quality is.... hehe
1580449616522.png

Back