Don't open text messages on your phone that are from you if you didn't send them

I'm not big on regulation, but it shouldn't be too hard for phone carriers to detect that someone is sending out thousands of texts, with the same content, to totally random people. My credit card company flags it instantly if I make an unusual transaction. The phone companies just need a 1 cent penalty for every spam text/call delivered. ;)

If that ever happened, the spam would stop overnight, guaranteed.
Just make it an option, if you send me a text I have the option of clicking the "bill sender 1 cent spam charge". If the carrier can't find the sender they eat it.

Just make it an option, if you send me a text I have the option of clicking the "bill sender 1 cent spam charge". If the carrier can't find the sender they eat it.
You do realize spamming is a business, and these spammer guys would just consider the charge the cost of doing business. They have to be making significant income, from somewhere, to be doing this spamming/conning. 1 cent isn't a high enough penalty. $100 or higher, is more like it.

You do realize spamming is a business, and these spammer guys would just consider the charge the cost of doing business. They have to be making significant income, from somewhere, to be doing this spamming/conning. 1 cent isn't a high enough penalty. $100 or higher, is more like it.
I was more counting on the carriers shutting it down because they couldn't track the spammers. I believe the original message was a text that claimed to be from your own number. But you're probably right, just make it simple and bill the carriers ;)

I'm not big on regulation, but it shouldn't be too hard for phone carriers to detect that someone is sending out thousands of texts, with the same content, to totally random people. My credit card company flags it instantly if I make an unusual transaction. The phone companies just need a 1 cent penalty for every spam text/call delivered. ;)
they can, but for the most part... they don't..

Back