Don't Use Xmas Decorations In Your Project

Damn Yankee

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Hi Folks, just thought I'd share one of those innocent husband blunders...

I posted on another sub-forum for a RT problem this morning. For reasons of being me, I have too many pokers in the fire and no place to work, so I set up a clean particle board on the dining room table with the RT, tools, and a bag of red shop rags - which I used quite generously.

At some point, the wife tossed a red rag (or so I thought) on the table. I thought it was one that fell on the floor and to myself said "...hmm, it looks folded...". Well, of course I used it. But it was not a shop rag, rather some Xmas doo-dad for the dining room table. Uh-oh. Man, I never screwed-up so badly before.

Maybe she'll talk to me by X-mas. And maybe I should switch to another color of shop rags.

In the dog house,
Woof!

House Rules (aka Rules to Live By)

1. Don't use kitchen table, counter, dining room table, etc. for assembly ever.
2. Don't use oven for drying paint, tempering parts, etc.
3. Remove shoes before walking into house after machining or welding
4. Don't wash greasy or oily hands in food prep sink.
5 Greasy/oily clothing doesn't go in the washing machine with the missus' delicates and unmentionables.
6. No transmissions, carburetors, machine assemblies are allowed on the dining room, living room, or bedroom carpets.
7. Washing parts in the bathtub is strictly forbidden.
8. In any dispute concerning these or otherwise unspoken rules, the missus is the final arbitrator.

5 Greasy/oily clothing doesn't go in the washing machine with the missus' delicates and unmentionables.
6. No transmissions, carburetors, machine assemblies are allowed on the dining room, living room, or bedroom carpets.
8. In any dispute concerning these or otherwise unspoken rules, the missus is the final arbitrator.
I have broken every single one of those rules. And for a second marriage I got lucky. She'll move her stuff so I have room to work. I do have some sense, haven't mounted the bench vise on the kitchen table...yet.

We found a portable washing machine at thrift store, 2 tubs, onto wash, other to spin.

Works well in shop.

It died so got a better one, looks ad works like regular machine but maybe 26 inches square by 36 tall, works very well, keeps things out of the house.

The one that died had spin motor fail, fixed once, died again, still use it to pre-wash the oily rags.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

I have broken every single one of those rules. And for a second marriage I got lucky. She'll move her stuff so I have room to work. I do have some sense, haven't mounted the bench vise on the kitchen table...yet.
Do not push your luck any more!!
If she senses that you already know a new dress will run into three figures, and that not be the end of it (the shoes and clutch, and maybe earrings!!), you may be OK in preserving some magic.
Also, on the day it happens, there will likely be a detour that will take all afternoon, into places guys do not go, (unless they happen to be into hairdressing and makeup).
Regardless all that, it will all be for nothing if you ever get around to clamping a vise onto the kitchen table!!
Be smart - don't do it!

Cooking up a carburettor in cleaning fluid on the kitchen stove apparently merits a special place in hell!

Do not push your luck any more!!
If she senses that you already know a new dress will run into three figures, and that not be the end of it (the shoes and clutch, and maybe earrings!!), you may be OK in preserving some magic.
Also, on the day it happens, there will likely be a detour that will take all afternoon, into places guys do not go, (unless they happen to be into hairdressing and makeup).
Regardless all that, it will all be for nothing if you ever get around to clamping a vise onto the kitchen table!!
Be smart - don't do it!
True biker's old lady. Jeans, sweatshirt/t-shirts and tattoos. Her last husband was abusive. I'm a peach compared to him. And she knows it.

Back