Dorian Right Angle Attachment

MyLilMule

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I came across this Dorian right angle attachment for a Bridgeport. I haven't been able to find any kind of operation manual anywhere.

I took it apart to clean it and check bearings. It was loaded with grease.

What kind of grease is used in these things? How much should I put in there and how often?

The bearings seem OK, but, oddly enough, they had rubber seals on both sides. I would think that if you're loading this with grease, you wouldn't want them sealed? Or maybe it's not supposed to be loaded with grease like it was?

Probably want it only partially filled- Dorian's still in business aren't they? You could ask them

Probably want it only partially filled- Dorian's still in business aren't they? You could ask them
I sent them an email. I don't expect a response until at least next week.

I had seen that, but I wasn't positive that was for a Dorian.

I still wonder if the "grease zerk" on the side of it isn't in fact an oil zerk. Which, TBH, makes a lot more sense than grease. Especially with the bearings being sealed on both sides.

So BP heads take oil which I thought I remembered . I checked my Quill Master head today and it is a sealed unit but has a place for adding oil .

Attachments

• IMG_0689.JPG
    IMG_0689.JPG
    243.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0690.JPG
    IMG_0690.JPG
    258.6 KB · Views: 8
I think what I am going to do is repack the bearings with white grease, put just a little on the bevel gears, and then fill it with some oil once it's back together.

Back