Drip and Chip Pan for Atlas 10F TH42 lathe

vtcnc

Admin
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Having recently cleaned up the Atlas 10F TH42, I wanted a way to keep chips and oil from accumulating underneath the head-stock - making cleanup maybe just a little easier moving forward.

Small piece of steel duct stock cut and folded. There is a gradual slope away from the headstock that will allow for cutting oils to drain into a chip pan underneath the bed (to be fabricated).

IMG_0751[1].JPG
The saddle for the Atlas allows for a gap between the bed ways and the bottom of the saddle. This lets the saddle travel right over the top of the drip pan without any dragging or interference.

IMG_0752[1].JPG

Excellent, Bryan! Why can't I think of something like that?

Does it fill up with chips quickly? What about when you generate a bird's nest? Can you make it deeper? Can you make one about 2ft long? I have a 12x36 Craftsman Commercial, but not a brake?

That looks like a really good solution for clean-up. Move the carriage to the right, and just pick it up and dump it. I want one.

Does it fill up with chips quickly? What about when you generate a bird's nest? Can you make it deeper? Can you make one about 2ft long? I have a 12x36 Craftsman Commercial, but not a brake?

That looks like a really good solution for clean-up. Move the carriage to the right, and just pick it up and dump it. I want one.

Haven’t cut anything yet with the new pan. Haven’t thought of a birds nest dancing with this thing?! :worried?:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back