DRO Install on My SB 10k

midnightmoonlight

Registered
Registered
I just finished up my DRO install on my SB. I lost about an 1" of carriage travel but its worth it for me.
Its a 3 axis where 2 of them are added together into the read out. That may make things a little tricky but its all that was offered in the price range I was shooting for. The readout has all kinds of cool features. I spent $540 shipped to my door with everything included.........well there was some machining to get everything just right. I have a few more little tweaks to finish it up like a tail stock stop so I dont slam the scale.

What do you think?

Photo04061455.jpg

Photo04061455.jpg

Hi Midnight
1st post wellcome to the forum
Your DRO looks like a SINO , is it? From the looks of things you have all axis covered, compound included, Nice! Your going to like the DRO on your lathe. I resisted for yrs, and ended up putting one on allmost 2yrs back. I should have done it long before. I didnt put the 3rd axis on the compound, the expense curbed that thought.

After getting used to the DRO, you learn to trust it. After that happens, looking at the grads on the dials becomes a thing of the past. Post up more pics of your install if you can. Im sure others would like to see the install pics

Looks real interesting. I don't believe I've seen the compound done up like that before. I like it.

-Ron

Back