DRO/scale communication?

GunsOfNavarone

Registered
Registered
Hey all, this should be easy for someone skilled at DRO/scale setup. My scales read fine, my EASSON DRO works fine, however, I came across an LCD DRO which I just prefer greatly over the ole' timey readout of the Easson. The resolution is set to .005 just as the Easson, they both are TTL square wave, set to linear scale (not rotary) Voltage output of both are the same (15v). I mean they are pretty straight forward...this is being used for 3 axis mill, and the DRO is also setup for..that's right, a 3 axis mill. Are there any other pertinent settings? When moving the table, the last # just jumps that increment its set to (.005 to .000 back and forth)
Thank guys and good night!

What is the model of the older DRO and what brand/model did you replace it with. Some scales/head units have different pin connections and may require an adapter interface to change the connections. Have you verified the scale resolution, what is the actual movement of the axis vs. the display readout. TTL signal is 5V. A lot of unknowns here.

Which LCD DRO did you get? I only know of one and I just got one.

It's this one..but 3 axis LCD.. My glass scales are the TTL squarewave...everything should be as needed, don't know why it's jot jiving.
3 axis LCD

Yup, that’s the one I have. I’ll look up the pin out and see if I can help you.

That's awesome! I assume you got yours working? I guess I don't know much about the inner workings/wiring of these things. I'm surprised it's not plug and play as long as we are talking apples to apples on requirements. I really though, change the resolution and go....no so lucky. I can return it, but would love it if it worked,

His pictures are the green background, mine are the others. They appear to be the same wiring/pin positions.

Attachments

• IMG_1623.jpg
    IMG_1623.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1624.jpg
    IMG_1624.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 6
Yes, my display and scales are working great. Really impressed with the unit.

Pictures are a bit tough to see but it looks like they are correct.

Granted there is no guarantee that your wire colors are the same signals but I would guess they probably are. Let me try to find the display pin outs for both displays and compare them.

Which Easson DRO model do you have?

I think my EASSON is a DR8. They (the LCD company) day to cut that ground wire that you can see has been cut in their pictures. IF that doesn’t fix it, I’d have to solder those wires back...don’t really want to do that, just hope they aren’t blowing smoke.

Back