Dufour Milling machine

Mmfh

Registered
Registered
Hey guys,

I've been looking around for a while now for a good price on a fairly heavy mill, vertical, bridgeport style only heavier.

I ran across one I've not heard of before and wondered if I should give it any consideration or not? It a Dufour, a machine made in France for the US market. So the dials are in inches instead of metric I guess. This machine has a vertical head with a 40 spindle, and also a horizontal setup for it as well.

Nice looking machine and appears to be well taken care of. Really a nice looking machine! No tooling, asking 2k.

I'm wondering if I had problems in the future if I would be able to find parts, or info to repair this machine. Don't know how reliable these machines are. I wouldn't have a french car if you gave it to me, so I don't really know about there machines.

If you know anything about these mills made in France for the US, I'd like to know what you know.

Thanks very much!

Mm

Am I the only one in this group that owns a Tree milling machine?

Maybe you are the only one that has a tree? I'd wish you were not as I've seen a few of them and most of them I would love to have. They seem usually heavier than the bridgeports. For me I like the larger spindle so I can swing around large cutters.

Nobody has a Dufour apparently.

The Tree milling machine has a cam-lock collet closer, no draw bar and the largest collet is 7/8" so you are somewhat limited on cutter size but the spindle is huge so you have no trouble spinning a huge flycutter or a offset boring head set way out. I've had a Tree in my home shop for about 20 years and I love it!

Back