Dumb Question about Axis

tweinke

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
In the old version, we were able to combine two axes together. After I signed up to be a beta tester and got the new version, Which I absolutely love, now I do not see a way to do that. Previously I combined Z with W on my bench mill ( one scale on the column and one on the quill) which worked awesome for me. can I still do that or do i have to put the dismal factory quill dro back on?

In the old version, we were able to combine two axes together. After I signed up to be a beta tester and got the new version, Which I absolutely love, now I do not see a way to do that. Previously I combined Z with W on my bench mill ( one scale on the column and one on the quill) which worked awesome for me. can I still do that or do i have to put the dismal factory quill dro back on?
Todd,
You do that in each axis. For example, you can go to Z axis settings, enable secondary input, select input label "w", calibrate, etc.
Regards
Yuriy

I think I get it now! Still learning the new version. I thought the old was nice but this take nice to a whole new level for me. Thanks for the hard work!

Yuriy, I can't thank you enough for the help! I was definitely overthinking what needed to be done. Works perfectly now. I also did the calibration for all the axis and my original counts were pretty close to what the new calibration came out to. I didn't check them when the app updated so I was using the old manually calculated numbers. Now the next on the list is to switch to glass scales on the mill instead of Igaging and switch my lathe to TouchDRO too. Thank you again. Todd

Yuriy, I can't thank you enough for the help! I was definitely overthinking what needed to be done. Works perfectly now. I also did the calibration for all the axis and my original counts were pretty close to what the new calibration came out to. I didn't check them when the app updated so I was using the old manually calculated numbers. Now the next on the list is to switch to glass scales on the mill instead of Igaging and switch my lathe to TouchDRO too. Thank you again. Todd
Glad I could help :)

Back