Dumore Series 37 Drill Rebuild

Good job Eric.
Some pretty high speeds it has. Good for diamond bits, tiny drills and dremel tools.
It also has what looks like a proportionally small chuck and column. Like it was built for high-speed applications.
Nice little asset.

Thanks Folks.

@ Phil - To undercut the insulation, I used a V-ground tool bit from my lathe, mounted sideways in the bit holder. It was a little tough to line-up the bit with the insulation, but then it was just a matter moving the carrage to grind out the insulation and chamfer the copper. Not perfect, but it worked OK and it seems to run great.

Are you trying to limit your current because you're worried that your set-up will over-tax your power supply? or some other reason? You might give it a try without the resistors, as it may work fine. I was surprised how little current mine drew.

Eric

I was concerned that the electrolyte would be too conductive and tax the power supply.
Also as a safety as with lights I couldn't get full current if I messed up and ground the setup.
The mix of one table spoon of washing powder to one gallon water doesn't sound very conductive so I'll give it a try.
That would save me some time and effort.

Back