Dumore Tool Post Grinder

LJP

Active User
Registered
I found this Dumore No.4 "Tom Thumb" tool post grinder at the flea market this morning. This grinder is so small I think it would fit just about any lathe! It is 2 speeds, takes 1/8" to 2" dia grinding wheels. I would think it would be easy enough to find a collet to fit it.
He was asking $40, I offered $20. He came back with $30. I said throw in the larger Jacobs chuck, he said take both chucks and the grinder for $30. Good deal!
Larry

View attachment 60619View attachment 60620View attachment 60621View attachment 60622View attachment 60623

Nice little tool post grinder there. I inherited one from my father in law who took it in payment for a welding job. Came with the box, the extra grinders, wrenches, and can of oil. My only problem has been finding belts for it. It came with two and I am on the last one. Let me know if you have a source for them. I use the TP grinder on my 618 atlas lathe and it does a great job. You got a He(l)(l) of a deal there.

Nice little tool post grinder there. I inherited one from my father in law who took it in payment for a welding job. Came with the box, the extra grinders, wrenches, and can of oil. My only problem has been finding belts for it. It came with two and I am on the last one. Let me know if you have a source for them. I use the TP grinder on my 618 atlas lathe and it does a great job. You got a He(l)(l) of a deal there.

According to the Dumore website (http://www.dumorecorp.com/), the following two Dumore dealers stock full units and parts:

WM Sopko and Sons Co
26500 Lakeland Blvd.
Cleveland, OH
800-262-0057

Electric Tool and Service
19442 Conant Ave
Detroit, MI
313-366-3830

no one else has told you yet ? you suck ! (that's a compliment):))

Thanks for the "You Suck" guys!
Thank you Wormie, for the info!
Larry

Pictures were there when I posted it!!

I read that some pictures were lost in that last site attack. Can you edit your post and reattach?

Back