Easiest to understand fusion 360 video

savarin

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Can anyone advise the BEST youtube video for a know nothing but wants to learn fusion 360 wannabe user.
My modeling experience has only been with solid modelers to date so fusion is scrambling my brain so far as I dont find it intuitive.

I know exactly what you mean.

This fellow has a good series of 16 basic tutorials done 3 yrs ago. He's in the process of updating them but only has 2 of the new ones done so far. I like his stuff because it's easy to see exactly what he's doing, whereas many of the other online tutors just quickly click through functions and you miss exactly how they get to a certain place.

Thanks tonydi , I bookmarked that site . I just watched one of his videos about the industrial revolution. Ive seen some videos on fusion but never really got into it , but maybe I should . I seem to spend too much time figuring out a plan on simple projects maybe this will help . Savarin , what kind of thing are you looking to use fusion for or are you just trying to learn something new ?

Bit of both, in this instance I want to model a helical focuser to check on the dimensions.
The biggest problem I find with these programs is wondering what question to ask to find out how to do it.

Funny you should mention this just as I'm starting to wonder why I'm even sitting here trying to make the screen match my pencil drawing, wondering why I'm not already in the shop turning a bearing carrier...

Attachments

• CA996A7F-9C9A-4287-9546-29F44D1FA87D.jpeg
    CA996A7F-9C9A-4287-9546-29F44D1FA87D.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 2571CD11-373B-41E4-AF76-3295357C31E9.jpeg
    2571CD11-373B-41E4-AF76-3295357C31E9.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 10
Lars Christensen
Tyler Beck of Tech and Expresso
Paul McWhorter
Patrick Rainsberry

are a start and all have extensive video's. Fusion 360 is quite powerful and a lot to learn.

Funny you should mention this just as I'm starting to wonder why I'm even sitting here trying to make the screen match my pencil drawing, wondering why I'm not already in the shop turning a bearing carrier...

For a part like that, I’d draw it with one sketch that is then revolved.

Bit of both, in this instance I want to model a helical focuser to check on the dimensions.
The biggest problem I find with these programs is wondering what question to ask to find out how to do it.

One approach is to post a hand sketch or photo and ask here. There are almost always many ways to model a given part, but there can be advantages and disadvantages to each approach. I’m sure people with some experience are happy to share their thoughts, and having a specific goal/problem will help focus the discussion. ;)

For a part like that, I’d draw it with one sketch that is then revolved.
Err umm... I'll start a different thread after I've done the bare minimum of working my way through some tutorials and help windows. Currently, I don't even know what you said means. I have a couple semesters of CAD 3d and one of Solidworks. I assumed Fusion would be similar enough for me to jump over fairly easily. Not so, IMO. Could be me...in fact I know it is. Lol

Same here I've tried to get started with Fusion360, and find it makes no sense, I gues you need some prior knowledge to get started. Many years ago I taught myself to use my first spread sheet program It only took a couple of hours from scratch, and then I found it fairly easy to move from one program to another, but I just find getting started in 360 I have a huge mental block.

Back