Easiest to understand fusion 360 video

It always fascinates me to read the different views on this.

That said, Lars was the biggest help for me I think.
To deepen the quagmire already, I watched his absolute beginner video a year ago and came away wondering how on earth he could think he was speaking to beginners. Lol
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I've done 5 drawings under Arnold Rowntrees 16 parts series, and couldn't be more confident about it. That said, learning that features on a part should be added after the sketch is complete made a world of difference. With Solidworks, I seem to remember building the sketch out FROM the features. So it's backwards here. But it works just fine after knowing that. Then again, I could be misremembering. Stupid brain ain't what I used to think it is. Anyways I would have never considered "Finish Sketch" as an option on a part with no features.

I spent two full months at this three winters ago. Finally got mediocre at it after 100s of hours effort.

Two winters ago, got a fair amount of modeling done.

Last winter, they had changed the interface enough that i almost had to start over. GRRR.

If they have changed stuff again when the snow flies this year, i will move on to something else.

There is a modeling software that you can get through EAA for cheap (forget the name). I am told the interface is stable and you will not have to re-learn every year.

My two cents.

There is a modeling software that you can get through EAA for cheap (forget the name). I am told the interface is stable and you will not have to re-learn every year.
It's not really a deal unless you are a regular member of EAA in the first place. Otherwise, the EAA fee and the license is the same cost as just getting the license without the EAA membership. This is for a new "Maker" version of solidworks.

EAA membership is about $40. And with it, you get a version of Solidworks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

EAA membership is about $40. And with it, you get a version of Solidworks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not any more. That's changing. After having this program in place for so many years, they decide to change it a year after I get a membership to EAA for that free student license!

Back