Ebay deal

bloomingtonmike

Active User
Registered
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Positool-J1...5mBXw49RsXSbVle6lW3v0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

$127.50 CNC auto 5c collet closing lathe. 3000lbs

I don't know a thing about it yet but a last second bid (3 seconds actually) makes it mine. I will most likely convert it to Centroid just like my mill if everything pans out servo wise but it has controller issues. I will bring it home as is and try the controls though.

More to come.

That's a fantastic deal even if its not working. It seems to be in great shape. There are deals to be had all the time!:cool2:

gheese mike, that's a lot of iron for that kind of money. it looks like a great toy to play with :)

Looks like a bargain. My very first CNC program was written on a Bendix Dynapath.
As Xalky says, even if it's not working it looks like a good deal. You could easily refit it with something more modern.
Congrats.

What an amassing deal...! Congratulations...! :))

Looks like a fun toy :) I really like the fact that you can store your programs on a casette tape :)

Here is what the $127.50 bought. Also have a full set of Dynapath manuals with it.

She is unloaded and in the shop. Seriously seriously heavy machine. About the max my Johnny can handle (3320 Deere).

Not the final spot in the shop but it is covered.

lathe1_zps4f16cbd3.jpg

lathe8_zps51f67f32.jpg

lathe7_zps4ed96601.jpg

lathe6_zps55b77699.jpg

lathe5_zps5cb3b5c5.jpg

lathe4_zpsb209f2e6.jpg

lathe2_zps0bcccc58.jpg

what a great find even if you have to change the controls and motors
steve

That thing looks like it could be fun. I love how the warining label admonishes to run with "The guards on and doors closed" when there is no sign of either :)

Also, It looks like your $125 bought you a couple of tool holders with a free lathe attached :roflmao:

Back