Econo-probe

ZoSo

Registered
Registered
I have a G0704 that I converted to CNC and use Mach3. I'm thinking of getting a Wildhorse Econo-Probe for easily setting part zeroes, finding the center of holes and some probing.

Does anyone have any feedback or experience with this probe?

Thanks.

Hmm...not what i wanted to hear but thanks for the feedback.

Anyone have any experience with the Tormach passive probe?

I just got my Wildhorse probe in the mail today. I ordered it before the original post here about it. If I'd read the post before I'd not have ordered it.

The probe is much nicer than I expected. The fit and finish are very nice for the price I paid for it. I can't speak to how it functions yet, but hopefully this weekend I can.

I'm going over to Jim Dawson's tomorrow to work on my mill retrofit and hopefully we can get it hooked up and try it out. It uses a 3.5mm stereo plug to hook to, and I ordered one off Ebay, but it won' be here til Monday. If Radio Shack was still in business I'd run and get one, so I'm not sure where to find one locally.

I had originally looked at one on Ebay, but they look like cheap junk compared to this one.

I will post here when we get it working.

I ordered one a couple of months ago.
It arrived quickly and was well packed and I am impressed with the build quality.
I have been using it for general positioning and zeroing with consistent results using the ProbeIt plugin for Mach3.
So far I am very pleased with the purchase of both the probe and the plugin.

We got mine hooked up and see a state change in the I/O in the galil setup program, but don't see anything in mach.

Jim is still trying to get mach figured out, we can run g code but needs to figure out how to get commands to the galil from mach.

Maybe later I can pick your brain on how to use the probe.

Back