Economy Dc Motor Spped Control

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-50V-60A-...012?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4623c0fd34

i have not used this particular controller, but i have purchased other inexpensive PWM drives from the same distributor.
i have been pleased with my experience in the products as well as the quick shipping.
for the rating i don't think you'd go wrong, if you stacked a cooling fan on it- it could possibly last a very long time.

OK, thanks for the lead. he has to build his own DC supply then. I assume a transformer, bridge rectifier, and electrolytic cap is sufficient. Do you happen to know a good source for the step down transformer? If a 3:1 is made, it would be perfect.

OK, thanks for the lead. he has to build his own DC supply then. I assume a transformer, bridge rectifier, and electrolytic cap is sufficient. Do you happen to know a good source for the step down transformer? If a 3:1 is made, it would be perfect.
The power supply that Mike suggested looks good. Mouser Electronic Supply [mouser.com] has hundreds of transformers but the ones that deliver the necessary power cost 2-3 times the cost of the drive shown on eBay. My only concern after looking at the link is: what is the input voltage? If it's 120 VAC I'd install a 1 A fast-blow fuse between the AC power & the drive board & a 130V MOV or varistor across the drive board AC input. Also, I'd install a 70-volt MOV across the motor terminals on the drive unit, these changes will help protect the drive unit from momentary voltage spikes. Mouser carries these as well.

Back