EDM setup for the Hobbyist!

Latinrascalrg1

Registered
Registered
I seen this new system for Electrical Discharge Machining targeted at small businesses and home hobbyists and had to share. I didn't catch a price but am interested in the cost of the controller portion. Anyway I thought some of you all might enjoy it so here ya go.....

So, I went down that rabbit hole and watched several of BAXEDM's videos. It looks to be a quality, well thought through piece of gear. It is roughly $3300 US for the generator on their web store. I bet it would be a fun project.

We paid over 30k for our hole popper 4 years ago.

Wow 30 G's!!! So I guess $3300 is a really good deal if your in the market for one!

Is a good overview of what is needed, I did not realize there was so much to them.

We have the RH3525, smallest we use it for is 0.008” holes. Usually we burn a 0.020” start hole for the wire EDM machines. We have the tubes for 0.250” holes. The tubes are hollow and in the larger sizes one ends up with a slug that is slightly smaller than the interior of the tube, usually by about 0.002-3” per side. Just like wire EDM, the tube cuts larger than its diameter. BTW the tubes are a consumable part.

FWIW, used industrial EDMs go for a song. I gave $500 for mine.

Our shipping costs is over $500 to the shop.

Back