Electrical Discharge Machine Version 2 (edmv2)

Hi Brino, I've only used copper and brass but I think the copper works better.
I found the small copper electrode I used to burn out all those 4mm taps used to burn itself to a sharp point but still did the job.

I broke a tap off yesterday. I immediately thought of this thread as I took the part out of the lathe! I almost researched postage to Ontario, but I got creative with a carbide end mill instead. Cost of the end mill was probably about the same as shipping!
Robert

Found this after watching
looks interesting you can get the drill head for $63. USD on AlliExpress. The more and more I look at this, it might be my next rabbit hole.

The drilling/straight hole application is no doubt awesome, what about cutting across (almost like a CNC plasma table)..Is that possible with this sort of setup?

The drilling/straight hole application is no doubt awesome, what about cutting across (almost like a CNC plasma table)..Is that possible with this sort of setup?

I have never used one, or even seen one live, but I think you want something called "wire-EDM".
It's like an EDM bandsaw, but way faster than mine, and typically CNC-type control.

I'll find some links.
-brino

Here's a 2 minute video on basics of wire-EDM:

So, long story short, it's a different machine? Seems very similar, could it be a fairly straight forward conversion? Or is the power needs vastly different?

Back