Empire State Arms 32 Cal Revolver Help

I was not going to use smokeless powder, just repeating what someone said. I did see a you-tube video of a gun shop owner trying to blow up a flintlock using various loads with BP and smokeless and also using 2 lead balls. What did the gun in was loading the barrel with smokeless almost to the end of barrel and adding 2 lead balls to the mix. They built a gun stand and pulled the trigger using a long wire and hiding behind a jeep on all loads. The receiver blew up big time. I do not think my revolver would take that abuse as the chamber is a lot thinner than the flintlock barrel. I have seen brand new revolvers blow up with the first shot using the right ammo. I have seen a 22 pistol frame crack from top to bottom on a new gun. Anything can happen as I have seen first hand. Always stand behind a person shooting a new revolver and if it fails the fragments will go to the side and back wizzing past your ear I have found out and not a good feeling for sure. I am carefull on everything I do to play it safe and Lucky I checked on this gun before diving in on the project and using the wrong ammo and finding out a lot about it that I was not aware of. I do have 2F & 3F BP to use in my pistol.
Paul

Back