Enco 360 Metal Cutting Bandsaw

RHODESSAM

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have been looking for a metal cutting bandsaw. I saw this Enco 360 at an auction. I found some info on them pertaining to MSC ownership. I will be using it personally in my shop. I included pics. Does anyone have any experiences with an Enco Bandsaw or Enco in general? Thanks

Attachments

• Enco 360.jpg
    Enco 360.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 71
  • Enco 360 back.jpg
    Enco 360 back.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 71
Looks beefy.

Enco sold a bunch of Taiwan built tools before being bought by MSC. General consensus is pretty good stuff, wouldn’t hesitate to get it if the price was right.

John

Thanks for your insight. They still make the same basic machine selling for $ 5500. Would you spend a $ 1000 on it with no ideas of operating capabilities.?

Thanks for your insight. They still make the same basic machine selling for $ 5500. Would you spend a $ 1000 on it with no ideas of operating capabilities.?
Don't know if I'd spend more than scrap value if I had no idea. Is it just not in a place with power, or is it too far away for you to check it out?

If no power you can get some idea of condition by operating by hand.

$1000 is probably a fair price if running and not totally worn out, but without being able to run it you're taking a chance.

John

It's at a restricted access manufacturing facility two hundred miles away. They are selling a variety of equipment. I've worked on other Bandsaws (wood) that I bought at online auctions so I'm not afraid to gamble some. I'm in at $ 470 now with a max bid of $ 600. I was not sure about going any higher.

It looks good, if you’re used to working on stuff you’re probably fine. I’d check parts availability, but if you have tools you can probably make anything needed.

let us know how you make out.

John

It looks good, if you’re used to working on stuff you’re probably fine. I’d check parts availability, but if you have tools you can probably make anything needed.

let us know how you make out.

John
Thanks, I will.

I now own an Enco 360 metal cutting bandsaw. It came from the Lockheed Martin Missile Man plant in Grand Prairie, Tx. I bought it at an online auction with only two terrible pics to look at. I have purchased a number of tools this way with varying results. I prefer to go examine the items before hand but this time it was not possible. This plant has VERY High security and they allowed a one day two hour examination period. I live 3 hours away and couldn't make it. I put a max bid of $ 600 and got it for 461 plus tax making it $ 499.03 total out of pocket. After one very long eventful and stress filled day I had it sitting in my shop.
The next days examination showed it needed a new operation switch, tires, one belt, light socket, welder guard and stone. This is before putting power to it. After sorting out the wiring I was able to get power to the motor and it worked and the variable speed drive operated well. I ordered some parts and blades and as of this morning I know the welder and grinder assy also works. So far I have hit a home run. The DOM is 1986.1 and the saw was in a maintenance shop so it was taken care of and not worn out as it would have been if used in the production side of the plant.
I contacted MSC Industrial Supply and Sherri Lamberth responded with a parts breakdown. Enco has used the company T-Jaw Machinery Works in Taiwan to make this bandsaw for a long time. I contacted T-Jaw and they told me that MSC is their exclusive distributor in the USA. So i presented Sherri a list, got a quick price quote back, ordered them, and the next day, I had the parts sitting at my shop and reasonably priced. I have seen this welder on other machines with the distinctive T J on the grinder cover (FYI).
When I get it finished out I will update. Thanks for your help along the way.

Attachments

• Enco 360 first day home.jpg
    Enco 360 first day home.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 55
  • PXL_20231023_191022050.jpg
    PXL_20231023_191022050.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 51
  • PXL_20231018_172500578.jpg
    PXL_20231018_172500578.jpg
    436.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Looks good!

My buddy has one of those and he likes it a lot.

Looks good!

My buddy has one of those and he likes it a lot.
Good to hear. It's well made. Top half and the base is all cast iron. The rest is heavy plate steel.

Back