Enco 360 Metal Cutting Bandsaw

That's likely their top of the line model- nice score. Great job tracking the parts too
Original motor?

That's likely their top of the line model- nice score. Great job tracking the parts too
Original motor?
Yes. Made in Taiwan. I expected to buy one. But this one is still smooth running.
PXL_20231017_205648616.jpg

I finished making repairs and changes to my Enco 360 couple weeks ago and finally remembered to post results.
The wiring on this machine was "interesting". It appears that using mostly white wire with no marks, colors or numbers is an acceptable practice. I also didn't know that clear vinyl tubing is the same as flex conduit. How dumb I were!! LOL. The welder and the BS were powered thru one on off switch and since said switch was inop and unavailable I upgraded to a separate lighted power switch for the welder and a paddle switch for the BS. I also got rid of the wire terminal junction/ half assed plastic cover and used a metal junction box mounting it on top for overhead electrical feed. So new controls and wiring, rubber tires, switched light sockets, disassemble and clean air pump with new tubing for same, replace all belts, new casters, acidize table, clean up, relube, adjust, etc. I have around $ 250 in parts + $ 499 purchase price so $ 750 plus a tank of gas. I'm good with that.
I was very lucky to find a saw with a factory fence. In my rabbit trail chasing I found that the company that actually makes this BS is T-Jaw Machinery Works in Taiwan. I also stumbled on to almost exact copies of this 14" Enco saw on Jet and Grizzly websites with different paint of course. Grizzly has a much better parts breakdown.
I have enjoyed making several items in a much easier and safer way than before with this BS.
I was looking for some type of mitering device since this has no grooves/slots in the table for a standard one. MSC contacted T-Jaw and they don't have anything for this model. It will need to have clamps. The table is not thick enough for milling a groove. Any ideas?
PXL_20231203_172025502.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20231120_191105162.jpg
    PXL_20231120_191105162.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Nice, happy it worked out.

For the table, maybe find an old table saw that you can use?

John

Back