ENCO Model 105

65arboc

Active User
Registered
1989 in like new condition with a compound vise, no tooling. Was only ever used for a drill press What's it worth?

Thanks,

Jim

What is ANYTHING worth?

Only as much as the BUYER is willing to give for it.. And only as little as you the SELLER are willing to accept for it.

I bought a 105-1530 on eBay in a "needs work" condition for $124.. So far I have cleaned it up, tightened the spindle bearings, replaced a handle and I've been milling with it since this past thanksgiving..

I would suggest you check eBay, you can search specifically for auctions that are closed and did sell, and see what those went for. Also search Craigs list, there are alternate sites that will do US wide searches of Craigs list so you can see what other people are listing mills for..

When you list it. Make sure your pictures of the unit are EXCELLENT.. And plenty of them. Write a detailed description of the unit explaining as much as possible. Read other peoples listings to see what they included in details, it will help you write a better listing.

Willing and able to help load it, and an accurate estimate of how large and heavy the unit is will help it sell.. AKA, can the seller move this inside a Mini van? What capacity and size of trailer will they need to move it? Multiple people are NOT going to pick up a mill and move it.. YOu need at MINIMUM an engine hoist or gantry, etc.

For example when I bought my unit, the factory selling it had a forklift. I brought along sling straps and they set the mill and base right in a Uhaul 4 x 7 trailer that I was towing with a Mopar minivan.

What is ANYTHING worth?

Only as much as the BUYER is willing to give for it.. And only as little as you the SELLER are willing to accept for it.

I bought a 105-1530 on eBay in a "needs work" condition for $124.. So far I have cleaned it up, tightened the spindle bearings, replaced a handle and I've been milling with it since this past thanksgiving..

I would suggest you check eBay, you can search specifically for auctions that are closed and did sell, and see what those went for. Also search Craigs list, there are alternate sites that will do US wide searches of Craigs list so you can see what other people are listing mills for..

When you list it. Make sure your pictures of the unit are EXCELLENT.. And plenty of them. Write a detailed description of the unit explaining as much as possible. Read other peoples listings to see what they included in details, it will help you write a better listing.

Willing and able to help load it, and an accurate estimate of how large and heavy the unit is will help it sell.. AKA, can the seller move this inside a Mini van? What capacity and size of trailer will they need to move it? Multiple people are NOT going to pick up a mill and move it.. YOu need at MINIMUM an engine hoist or gantry, etc.

For example when I bought my unit, the factory selling it had a forklift. I brought along sling straps and they set the mill and base right in a Uhaul 4 x 7 trailer that I was towing with a Mopar minivan.

I'm not selling it, I'm looking to purchase the item, but thanks for the advice.

Jim

Back