Enco timing gear drive gear

gsxr1000joe

Registered
Registered
This is my first post and I'm new to any machining so bare with me. I just inherited an Enco 92010 made in 1983 I think its a 12*36 and there are two gears missing, the drive gears for the bed timing are gone I will throw in some pics in case my lingo isn't right. I have the manual and the part number (92010-133) but unfortunately enco cant find it in there system because its to outdated and cant give me any details about the part size or compatibility with anything newer and since both are gone I cant measure to have one made. Any help would be appreciated.
lathe parts manual.JPGlathe2.jpeglathe.JPG

lathe2.jpeg lathe.JPG lathe parts manual.JPG

I have a new 13 X 40 Enco 510-2585 and I think I can count teeth and get the shaft size on it, but do believe it would be a long shot if they would interchange. The part number is 3016.

I can't help much on the gears but have a word of caution about leaving your T wrench in the chuck, if the machine is accidently started it will fly out possibly damaging the machine or hurting someone. I lost a grade point when I did that in shop class.

I have a new 13 X 40 Enco 510-2585 and I think I can count teeth and get the shaft size on it, but do believe it would be a long shot if they would interchange. The part number is 3016.

I can't help much on the gears but have a word of caution about leaving your T wrench in the chuck, if the machine is accidently started it will fly out possibly damaging the machine or hurting someone. I lost a grade point when I did that in shop class.

He needs a chuck wrench holder. You weren't the first or sadly not the last to leave the chuck key in. I was running a large turret lathe with a tricky clutch, bad neutral spot, I left the key in and the chuck slipped. It creep around until the key broke off, I jumped and smacked my elbow on the compound rest. Messed up my crazy bone for a day or two.

This is my first post and I'm new to any machining so bare with me. I just inherited an Enco 92010 made in 1983 I think its a 12*36 and there are two gears missing, the drive gears for the bed timing are gone I will throw in some pics in case my lingo isn't right. I have the manual and the part number (92010-133) but unfortunately enco cant find it in there system because its to outdated and cant give me any details about the part size or compatibility with anything newer and since both are gone I cant measure to have one made. Any help would be appreciated.
View attachment 60449View attachment 60447View attachment 60448

This is no help to your question, and I don't know if you shot that pic- but since you are new I need to give you important safety advice- GET THAT CHUCK KEY OUTTA THERRRE!! :)

Hah hah- but you really need to remove the key from the side of your chuck as a matter of practice. Even for a quick pic, keep it out. Not picking at you, but honest advice.

Keep this post up- there are a lot of folks up here with machines like yours who will be glad to help you.

Bernie

Looking at that picture trying to figure out something.
Looks like just one gear missing on the right.
There should not be one on the left. Not sure of this but check it closer.
The gear on the right I could probably figure out if you did some measuring.
Would need to know shaft center distance between the two shafts.
Would need to know outside diameter and tooth count of the gear that the missing gear meshes with.(on middle shaft).

I have that lathe with minor differences. Would pictures help? i had the gear box apart for cleaning, mine seems to have not had those little gears on the selectors either. Works fine though.

I wonder how hard it would be to make molds of all the gears to keep for supply when needed?

I know both sides had the same gear when I got the machine the right was missing, but left was intact and I removed it to get another made and the machinist I gave it to lost it. Luckily he had said he found the measurements the other day so now I at least have a place to start to have one made. I did finally get the rest of the machine back together and the motor fixed so I can use the bed manually now. Thanks for the help and yes now that the machine is able to run the chuck has been removed and has its own big magnet on the side to sit on.

Back