Enco transformer help

sundown57

Registered
Registered
MY Enco 110-1351 won't start. I checked as much wiring as possible and firmly believe the transformer is not working ( it won't pull in the #1 relay) Problem is I cant find a part number for it or any parts list for this machine. I did find one on Grizzly (P4003051) but no picture and that part number is no longer available its says superseded to (Grizzly P4002051 - TRANSFORMER JBK5 100VA 110/400V-24/110V) that one looks nothing like mine and the numbers on it are all different. even if i buy it i have no idea how to install it, Anyone know if there is a place to get the right one? Below is a picture of the one im looking for. thanks

main box2.jpeg

@sundown57

I do not have that machine or a definitive answer on part number/replacement.........but.......

If you can provide some more info then the guys here will always try to help -and we have some electrical wizards here!

Any chance of a gear cover, belt guard or chuck shield lock-out switch causing this?
Can you point us to a Enco 110-1351 wiring diagram?
Have you (carefully!) measured the input and output voltages of the transformer?
Any idea the input and output voltages required?
Perhaps we can find a suitable replacement based on function.

Brian

i found this schematic online and it seems to match up to what i see in the box. I do have 3 relays same as shown in the schematic. But no i have no idea what voltage any of it is. I cant seem to find a manual on this machine.

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 2.34.20 PM.png

i have no idea what voltage any of it is. I cant seem to find a manual on this machine.

What socket do you plug it into? (120V or 240V)
Is there a plate on the motor?

We will get there!

Brian

its wired for 220 single phase. If i push and hold the button in on relay 1, i can start the machine but then i hit the start button on the front it wont pull the relay in by itself..

The transformer at the top-middle of the figure shows this is 220V input and a variety of lower voltages output.

I, personally, would have been surprised if the 2HP motor was anything other than 220V.

But before condemning the transformer, you should walk a VTVM probe around to see who has voltage and who does not.

yeah, that's what i was thinking, maybe i can map it out before i remove it.

Transformers rarely fail, you should measure the output before writing it off, especially since it's difficult to source a replacement that
will fit in the box (mounting a larger unit outside the box is an option, however)
I would suspect you are having a switch or contactor problem instead, since those involve moving parts
-Mark

I’ll ask the obvious because I see a fuse in the bottom of the cabinet. Are both fuses good? Do you have a meter? In the picture if you put your meter leads across the two red wires on top of the transformer you should read 220 volts AC. On the bottom of the transformer reading across the first two wires on the left side you you should read 6 volts AC. Moving over to the next three wires on the bottom it looks like the first wire is white. Put one meter lead on it and read to each of the next two wires and you should get around 29 volts the way it looks

Last edited:
Back