enco zx7045 switch failure

cowboyred

Registered
Registered
Maybe this has been covered in faqs, but Ill chance it. Have others experienced this problem, and if so, how was it resolved? The rotary "drum" switch is on back order from enco ( theyre pretty good on warranty work) but itll be weeks getting here. Is there a way to wire in a square D drum sw to do the same rev-off-on function? It would have to be in "electricity for dummies" for me to get it! Cowboy in distress

I'm sure there is a way to use a Square D. Usually there is a diagram with the drum that shows how to wire it.

Unfortunately the orig switch is really toast. I took it apart hoping to see if it could be somehow salvaged and now its about 40 pieced in a baggie. Enco sent the wrong replacement, I needed a 220 single phase sw, not one for a 220 3-phase. "Glen" assures me one is on its way. so, I have this nice used Square D drum sw. but none of the included diagrams show how to wire a 5-wire 220v single phase double voltage asynchronous chinese motor. I will try to send pics of the diagrams from the operation manual which are pretty good, except that the color code on the mill doesnt match that of the diags. let me know what size pic. files would be acceptable. cowboy

Thanks, Turbo. I will file that away for future use. Its a great reference, however it doesnt appear to show my type of motor. There are similar wiring diags inside the switch cover but none show a 5- wire hookup for an asynchronous (dam, thats hard to spell) btw, there were 12 terminals on the old switch! c boy

I am sending the diags from the owners manual for the orig switch. If this works, I will send some photos later. c boy

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that sounds like a better name for it. There were 3 indiv. 4-pole switches stacked together on a common shaft. Unlike any drum switch Ive seen. The Harley and I are off to enjoy the 70 s. later, c boy

Thanks Ed, Please check to see if your color code agrees with my "revised" notes on the above diagrams. Their brown is black on mine and their blue is white. I would appreciate your notes on which terminals the other colors are as well. enjoy the wk end. cboy

I do thank you for the offer, but am thinking the replacement will be here soon. Lets wait. However I would really appreciate your help in confirming the colors of the wires going to each of the terminals. A couple of them got away from me when the switch came apart as I was tagging them. I am calling Enco today in hopes their order came in. Maybe I should look at a 3ph/vfd setup?? Ive been a month without a mill and getting desperate!

Back