Ender 3 Neo v2, about to pull the trigger

AlfromNH

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Amazon has it for $255 for the next few hours, usually $319. Any reason to avoid it? I’m a total newbie in 3d printing…

Can't tell you if it's good or not but Amazon has a generous return policy....

Amazon has it for $255 for the next few hours, usually $319. Any reason to avoid it? I’m a total newbie in 3d printing…

The Ender 3 is highly regarded in it's price point. You'll be hard pressed to find something better for that price.

It has quite an aftermarket following. You'll be tinkering and upgrading it for years.

I saw one recently running a Voron Stealthburner toolhead.

It's a great little printer - works well right out of the box. I recommend this video: Ender3 v2 neo setup as it goes over bed-leveling (yes, it has auto level, but you still want to level it manually before using the auto-level). Follow that startup procedure and it should "just work" for most stuff. That'll let you get your feet underneath you before you start breaking everything with new materials and custom slicer configurations... ;-).

GsT

I got the printer a couple days ago and did the leveling, etc. I printed the bunny that comes on the included sd card and it came out great. Now I'm printing my own drawings, from the 360 lessons. This should use up the last of the white PLA that came with the printer.
I'm pretty happy with the printer except the fans are awfully loud.
20230318_112220.jpg

Question: what's with the "curb" it prints around the items every time?

Kind of a nozzle purge - gets things flowing correctly before it starts on your print. If you watch it go down you'll see that it often starts out pretty thin (under-extruding) before everything hits the sweet spot and it's extruding a consistent width. (Other printers do the same thing.)

GsT

Question: what's with the "curb" it prints around the items every time?

It's also pretty helpful when you switch colors and forget to purge the old color out of the nozzle.

except, on small prints the brim isn't quite long enough purge out all of the old color. :grin: being forgetful gets you some interest first layer color effects.

Back