Enroute to pickup PM1340GT

shell70634

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Feelin like a kid at Christmas today. Headed to the truck dock to pickup my PM1340GT. I've got a retired machinist coming tomorrow to help set it up. I hope to be up and running sometime this weekend.
I want to thank all here for the knowledge and help that you've given. This site is like a huge how-to book at my fingertips.
Thanx
Shelly

Congratulations! Think that we need proof in the form of pictures to prove it though! :grin:

Congratulations Shelly,

I believe we have met on castboolits, I sent you some brass last year.

So, what are you going to make with your new machine?

Mark

Got it cleaned and leveled. Got a lesson in setup yesterday from retired machinist. On my own today. More cleaning. DRO mounting, or planning I should say. I've just about figured it out.
Hey Mark, I'm going to make lotsa little chips. Eventually I will build my own single shot rifle action from scratch. Retirement's just around the corner and want to keep busy. My new career will be whatever I feel like doing.

Enjoy Shell, best way I know of to stay healthy is keep moving. Retire what's that never slow down but never just retire. My friend is a retired Dr who was in charge of Magee rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia, he's retired but does nothing , roams around his giant house and only reads . After forty years helping cripples like me it don't seem to be much. No hobbies I'd go nuts whoops to late . But it's his time to slow down. His son and I are really great friends hunting buddies so I'm close. It's to this Drs credit I'm still alive . Have fun , live it up.

I plan to order a PM 12X28 Lathe this week. I have been saving pennies long enough that purchasing the lathe and a few tools with my credit card will only have me paying interest for a couple months.

I am allergic to paying interest. The distraction of a new tool will help avoid reactions.

First things on my list are a bullet swage die to convert fired .40 S&W brass to .452 bullets, and a linear muzzle brake for .45 cal AR-10.

Back