Er 40 Chuck For South Bend 10l ?

dlane

Active User
Registered
Hi all , was hopeing someone knew where to find a er40 chuck that threads onto the 10L spindle. I have a full set of er40 collets and chucks for mt2, mt3, r8 , Been needing one for the 10L for a while now ,
Need the extra range the er's provide , store bought would be good if quality is there. Do they exist ?.
Thanks

I found mine hiding in a piece of a2 round stock that was laying in the drop pile.:idea: Just had to chuck it in the lathe and cut away every thing that didn't look like the chuck that I wanted.:pickaxe:

I found mine hiding in a piece of a2 round stock that was laying in the drop pile.:idea: Just had to chuck it in the lathe and cut away every thing that didn't look like the chuck that I wanted

That's exactly what I did. Should I have a really good lathe, that would cut metric threads, I'd have bought a nut, but since I couldn't chase 17 TPI, I made it 16 and made my own nut.

First thing I did, I made a test thread that matched the spindle, so I could test the ID thread I was making. Once that (the ID was done) I screwed the stub on the spindle and cut away the trash. I put a 1/4 hole in it so I could tighten and loosen it with a pin spanner, but wrench flats would do, too.

Thanks for replying, 10L spindle thread size is 2 1/4" x 8 tpi , I hired a member to make me one ,paid in full ,then he seemed to of vanished, hope he's alright, but what a bummer

Back