• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Some users may still have issues remaining logged into the forum. Please delete old bookmarks. If you are still having issues, go to the Site Issues forum here and let us know EXACTLY what you clicked on before the login issue arose, so we can try to track it down. We are working on this, and appreciate your patience. Thank you.

[4]

ER40

January Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

BRIAN

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I have been waiting for this so I can progress with the cam belt pulleys for the 5 cylinder radial.
I found it difficult to hold the toothed blank for the large pulley so the a large collet is necessary,
Well it's a good excuse to get a new toy anyway.
ER 40 on a mt2 fits the lathe -- mill-- and the RT and just the2 collets I need for now.
P1013616.JPG
Brian.

magicniner

Nice,
I'm a big ER fan and ER40 is my favourite with extended range collets available up to 30mm,
Regards,
Nick

T Bredehoft

Active User
I found that a drawbar to hold it in is a good idea. it pulls it in tight without hammering on the holder, and tapping on the drawbar releases the M2 taper easily. I also put a backup block, screwed onto the nose thread of the spindle, then snugged up against the back of the collet holder cuts down on flex, inherent in the M2 taper.

Alan H

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
I too am a fan of ER collets and their clamping range.

Several folks have recently made ER40 collet chucks for their lathes.

[6]
[5] [7]