ERL1340 Thread Cutting with a Proximity Stop System

Thanks for posting this.

I'd like to have YouTube save the video to my Watch Later or one of my playlists for future reference, but it says:
"This action is turned off for content made for kids."

Bummer, can you disable the kid safe locks ? Not like you made it X-rated or something ...

TIA,
Rick
Are you sure the kid restriction isn’t at your end?

Are you sure the kid restriction isn’t at your end?

This is the first time I've ever seen the Save button greyed out and the message. No problem today saving other videos to my Watch Later list, I do it multiple times a day every day.

Could you try to save the video to your Watch Later playlist ?

Restriction is on Marks end. I can save his other videos no problem but not this one.

I dunno - my kids loved it.

Mark, thank you for the Proximity Stop. With it, threading is a joy without the anxiety of disaster waiting to happen.

Mark, thank you for the Proximity Stop. With it, threading is a joy without the anxiety of disaster waiting to happen.
There are quite a few of us using his proximity stop. It's one of the best additions on my lathe. All my threading is done virtually how he shows it in the video. I get super clean threads every time and metric threading is no problem what-so-ever.

What type of sensor is used? I doubt that it's magnetic, capacitive maybe?

Induction proximity sensors that sense metallic objects, the same variety as used in CNC homing and electronic limit switches, also widely used in the beverage industry. The DC type have a much higher refresh rate, but you are still limited by the current capacity, shielding type and how it is incorporated into the control system. This is an example of typical operating parameters:

Thank you, Mark. One question about the Eaton sensor: what about its $150 price makes it superior to units that cost less than 20% as much? I looked through the data sheet and don't see anything standing out. At first I assumed that it's because it's made in the US, but it's actually manufactured in Mexico. Just curious.

I'm comparing it to ones like these

Back