Ever heard of PDR? A whole ‘nuther world.

C-Bag

Ned Ludd's bro
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I’d heard of PDR (paintless dent repair) but figured it was just dings and minor stuff. Then y YouTube AI popped this one up so why not? This is just amazing. Lots of stuff that is applicable to metal forming like that PDR light panel, talk about handy!

He's an experienced PDR guy for sure. That's getting to be a very popular repair method with motorcycle gas tanks around here especially where expensive hard-to-match custom paint is involved.

I have used it on my Cobalt. Someone at work creased the front fender from the top belt line to the wheel arch. When the guy was done, WOW! $200 and could not tell it had happened! Also works on hail damage of course.
Pierre

What i like about this guy is shows his thought process then goes for it. I would have stunned if owned the car. That was a major dent! This vid doesn’t show the use of the PDR light as much as another vid watched, but having a light that projects lines really helps seeing the highs and lows instead of groping the panel.

Extraordinary , I can't believe my own eyes, the paint flexed with the metal without cracking or chipping, I had heard of painless dent repair but never saw it brought to such perfection.

Last edited:
Another guy blows my mind is Wes Lee who fixes band instruments. He has tons of vids and his work is astounding. He has brought back total wrecks to good as new. The tools he uses are cool too.

I've subscribed to a couple of these channels, every one of them have something different to offer, here's another one with deep knowledge of working with brass instruments/ repairing or removing dents, wrinkles, etc.:

This guy is good. I never would have believed that what he did was possible.

I have seen short videos on this process but not paid particular attention to the details. I was under the impression that it was being used for plastic panels. When metal bends, it stretches and it is difficult to get it to shrink back to its original shape.

I was surprised he didn't have any stretched metal to deal with in those two creases. And the dent really seems to want to return to its former shape. I haven't worked with steel much, aluminum does not seem to have much memory

Back