Excello 602 help needed

The handle position is adjusted by indexing holes in piece to the left of the handle collar. The collar has a pin (which I haven't installed yet), that indexes in hole in piece to left of the handle collar. Unless I am dumber than I thought. (which is likely). :)
But thinking on this, maybe the holes in the knob on the right are to "park" the handle from rotating. ?

Last edited:
The pin (87) is supposed to stick out both sides of the Feed Knob (52-12154).

For manual quill movement: When the Feed Knob is pushed towards the machine, one end of the pin engages the Clutch Ring (52-12152, which is keyed to the Pinion Shaft) in different holes to adjust the handle orientation for operator comfort.

For power feed quill movement: When the Feed Knob is pulled away from the machine, the other end of the pin engages one of the holes in the Clutch Engaging Knob (52-12155) to adjust clutch engagement/slip. Leave the Clutch Engagement Knob loose during manual operation of the quill. I suggest you add the socket head cap screw and washer to the end of the Pinion Shaft to keep the CEK from escaping.

It's all shown in Section E-E on page 22, and the associated parts list on page 23, of manual #52672 (pdf available online).

Screenshot (34).png

Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense.
I do have the socket head cap screw.
I assumed that the clutch knob was adjusted to engagement/slip just by turning knob, using the lever makes sense.
Thanks!

Dan

Back