Exciting Day in the Wood Shop

Martin W

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Our new 5x10 CNC router arrived this week. Omnitech Selexx Pal Fixed table moving gantry with offloading and cleaning device. It has a 10hp router head variable speeds from 1000-24,000 RPM and 8 position automatic tool changer. 1 -2 hp multiple spindle vertical boring head. Fanuc Oi-MF PC front end controller.
This is very exciting for us. We build architectural millwork and hope this will be a great addition to the shop! Over the last couple months we have been putting the infistructure in to make this work. New 200 amp 208 volt 3 phase service, All new conduit and wiring in the shop. Full week of training next week before it goes into service
Cheers
Martin WIMG_3050.jpgIMG_3053.jpg62923841167__A727550C-0C33-461E-8A6D-7C3626AF2F6E.jpg

That is a beast! Can you share some pictures of the work you do?

I betting that would cut aluminum?!
R

I betting that would cut aluminum?!
R
Yes it will cut aluminum. We do have some call for aluminum or brass. Usually laminated to a substrate. Most of our work is plastic laminated plywood, MDF or particle core. .
Cheers
Martin

That is a beast! Can you share some pictures of the work you do?
Thanks, it weighs just under 10,000 pounds. I rarely take pictures of our work but I will post a couple. I found on my phone. First one is of 5 quarter sawn curved white oak doors complete with curved casings and mouldings all out of quartered white oak for a hotel. The doors don’t have a topcoat ,only stain and sealer in the pictureThe second is football change room in a local high school.
We have a handful of general contractors that we bid to. It is just my Son , my wife and me. My daughter used to work with us but she decided on a career as a paramedic instead65E013E7-FF49-4A21-A1A4-BEE9966BC869.jpeg9D91A01F-F408-4BDB-BE2F-1F078F8F8AAE.jpeg12B0F786-FFCC-48A6-8D99-3437D530312E.jpeg
Cheers
Martin

Very cool Martin.
My good friend has a Shop Sabre of about the same size.
I am a member of a woodworking club in the area and one of our members is very good friends with the owner of --->Doors of Distinction<--- and we toured his job. Very cool work he was doing in there. VERY expensive.

Back
Top Bottom