Fastest Cheapest Way To Remove Gunk

Heat works to melt the hardened gunk. Why not wrap in some heavy aluminum foil and set in a grill or fire in a pit.. Don't have to be super hot but hot to the point you see smoke or steam from the foil folds or cracks. just thinking out of the box.

Not sure about it being the cheapest but I have used oven cleaner on some stubborn grease. Let it sit for about 1/2 hour and it just bubbles it off.

Boiling hot Tide can be incredibly effective. I think I'd just start at the car wash and use engine clean mode, or tire clean mode then high pressure. When I get a used machine that I intend to tear down immediately, I drive it thru the car wash on the way to the shop. I don't mean the rotary brush automatic ;)

I have a cheap electric pressure washer also that works wonders. It can inject a soap if desired. There is a disclaimer here on electrics and potential for rust if you don't finish what you start, if you know what I mean.

Dawn sope / hot water works for me, haven't tryed it boiling tho

I keep a tank about 24" diameter 60" tall of NaOH with 8kw immersion heaters in the shop, John......right next to my Manganese Phosphate tank. I am remiss on a proper rinse, so I have to just hose whatever I am cooking of in the shop driveway. It's gravel, so it helps keep the weeds down.

Back