Feed reverse shift knob attachment

jwmelvin

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I recently acquired a clone machine, a Millport made in Taiwan. It seems quite faithful other than using metric fasteners in the J head assembly.

I don’t believe the feed reverse shift knob was attached, or maybe I don’t remember taking it off in the move. My inner shaft moves the dog (reverse clutch rod moves the feed reverse clutch) and the ball in the handwheel clutch seems to engage the detente fine. I’m just trying to figure out how to properly attach the handle. This is what it looks like when placed on the outer shaft (feed worm shaft):
9760ebb3f9c3febe8b3e1653a56d1f0c.jpg

Thanks for any help

Most of the wheels have a pin sticking thru the hub that fits a hole in the mechanism . ( if thats what you mean ) . There should be a threaded shaft that holds a knurled plug that screws into the shown thread on the end of shown shaft .

I can send a pic thru Aukai if you need it .

Most of the wheels have a pin sticking thru the hub that fits a hole in the mechanism . ( if thats what you mean ) . There should be a threaded shaft that holds a knurled plug that screws into the shown thread on the end of shown shaft .

Yes my wheel has a pin that engages the collar behind it, so the wheel can turn the outer shaft. I need tonfigure out what attaches to the inner shaft so that I can move it in and out to select fwd-neutral-rev. Sounds like a knurled plug goes there?

Back