Feeling nostalgic

Oh man, I can't tell you how envious I am! My first bike was a Yamaha GT60, I was 6. I LOVED my bike. Unfortunately my mother didn't have connections to things and I lost it when I was about 12. I dream of doing the same. I don't have those kind of connection with the last 10 bikes I've had...but I did on that one. Nice work, must have been a blast!

Yeah, I've owned a lot of motorcycles in the years since, but this was the thing that started it all for me. I was very fortunate that my parents allowed me to squirrel it away while I was off in the Army and moving around the country. They also let me store my first motorcycle, which I still have to this day. I'll probably get around to freshening that up one of these years.
FB_IMG_1586949855618.jpg

Last edited:
It's funny because I really have no practical reason for doing this little restoration. I can't see myself cruising around the neighborhood on it, my kids are much too old to be interested, and I'm not expecting grandchildren for a very long time. It is really just an exercise in nostalgia. I'll probably hang it from the ceiling when I'm done. It reminds me of happy times and I guess that's good enough.

I fee ya, every nut & bolt will walk down the path of a memory/time/place/people. It not about having a rad mini bike to ride around, its swapping stories with a dear, close friend. Definitely envious brother...

Nice job, it's the 70's all over again!

Spectacular! OCC got nothin' on you.
R

That is a first class restoration! It's fun to bring back a piece of your past, lots of memories. I wonders if the kids growing up today will restore their old smart phones in 40 years.

Back