Fight with Amazon

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I ordered a product, it said if I pay the extra shipping 3-5 days, I get the notice that it is ordered, but not shipped. 06/20/20 was the order date, the delivery date now is July 7. So I had a chat session that went from India, to another person, to another person. It was stated that "you had an email about the delivery date". Yes after I paid the extra...I ordered the same thing tonight with extra shipping, the delivery would be would be July 7, I then canceled tonight's order, it was just to verify the discrepancy. All I'm going to get is the shipping refund, but it was 30 bucks, and I should have gotten it already....PFFFFT

I read about this same situation on another site. Supposedly if you read the fine print on the bottom of page 86 of the legal agreement that you clicked on after the 16 pop ups, it says that due to the covid 19, we don't have to keep our promise.

Yep, the shipping is messed up right now.

Joe

Gee, imagine that, people have shipping issues............who woulda thunk it.........

I am an Amazon Prime member and I have been disappointed and surprised by some of their errors and omissions. I have seen items marked as Prime with 2 day shipping however upon ordering, the item is not in stock. That is a scam. They could/should remove the Prime notification. Regardless of the fine print they will lose that in a class action suit.
Robert

I am an Amazon Prime member and I have been disappointed and surprised by some of their errors and omissions. I have seen items marked as Prime with 2 day shipping however upon ordering, the item is not in stock. That is a scam. They could/should remove the Prime notification. Regardless of the fine print they will lose that in a class action suit.
Robert
I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV, but what damages would you sue them for?

Tom

Amazon Prime fee $119/year. Unfair and deceptive business practices. They are basically a tech company. Are they claiming that their software can't track inventory and remove the prime indicator? That is different than a carrier delaying a delivery.
Don't get me wrong. I generally like Amazon and use them a lot. In the past I have gotten a $5 coupon when I have complained about this. That seems reasonable.
Robert

It says "2-day shipping", so if you order on a Monday, and they ship on Wednesday, you get it on Friday. Order that same thing on a Friday and if they're even able to ship on a Sunday, it likely won't get picked up until Monday afternoon, so it'll arrive Wednesday. So, yeah, two-day shipping, but takes five days to arrive.

I'm "meh" on their business practice. They're counting on people who are impulsive and impatient, who value time over cost, and it's proven very lucrative for them. That's not their fault, and says more about human nature. Yes, I've sometimes found the same thing a lot cheaper elsewhere, but a lot of people don't care, they want it Now. It says a lot about peoples' desire for instant gratification.

Last edited:
I absolutely refuse to buy anything from Amazon no matter what the price is. That company has been the ruin of more businesses large and small than anything else in recent history. And I have always been able to find the same product at the same or better price from other sources. That I don't care for the owner's politics is an understatement.

In regards to expedited shipping I never pay for that. But then I am not a business that might have short deadlines to meet. Whether I get something in 2 days or 2 weeks makes no difference to me. A friend once told me that there is rarely anything that has to get done on any given day but there is always something to do. I always have something that I can do. The to do list is long.

Class action lawsuits are not about getting compensation to an individual. They are all about getting a company to change their business practices. The lawyers involved make a killing and what little money is left after the lawyers take their cut usually goes to some charity.

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine owns a business in town. He told me last week that ALL his shippers (Fed Ex, UPS, USPS, etc.) had told him that none of them will guarantee a shipping or arrival date. He said it doesn't matter if you pay extra for next day or two day shipping or not, there is no guarantee.

Your extra money was for expedited shipping, which went to the shipping company, not for Amazon to process your order and put you at the top of the list.

Back