Resolved File too large

rwm

Robert
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I just started getting an error that says "file size is too large" when trying to upload a pic. I have never run into this before and all my photos are at the same 5MP resolution. I resized the file smaller and still got the error. Is this a site malfunction? Has the upload limit changed?

What was the outcome of this investigation?

Upvote 0
@rwm, 5mb is under the limit. What file type did you try to upload?

Upvote 0
I checked. It was 6MB somehow. 5MP (megapixels) but 6 MB. I don't need to post that large but I don't want to resize all my pics. I don't know why this one ended up being a larger files size? Perhaps someone knows?
It was a .jpg

Upvote 0
Ok, here's what's weird. If I copy and paste the image from Google photos (which usually works fine) it says the file size is too large i.e >5MB. If I download the image from Google the file size is only 1.7MB. Is is being compressed during download? I can upload it from my PC no problem. I always thought the site resized images anyway?

Upvote 0
Ok, here's what's weird. If I copy and paste the image from Google photos (which usually works fine) it says the file size is too large i.e >5MB. If I download the image from Google the file size is only 1.7MB. Is is being compressed during download? I can upload it from my PC no problem. I always thought the site resized images anyway?

Likely being compressed when you download from google photos. Jpg tend to be larger than png. PNG will not lose fidelity but tend to travel lighter in size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
I am still confused about this. According to Google help, photos are stored and downloaded at the same resolution. In my case "high resolution." That means the file size should be 1.7 MB but the website will not accept this one particular photo.

Upvote 0
PXL_20221020_151957284.jpg

It is this image. I inserted that from my PC where the file size is 1.8MP. If I copy and paste from Google photos, it does not work.

Upvote 0
I am still confused about this. According to Google help, photos are stored and downloaded at the same resolution. In my case "high resolution." That means the file size should be 1.7 MB but the website will not accept this one particular photo.
Were you eventually able to upload it?

Upvote 0
Back