Finally !! PM 932 installed

1962guy

Registered
Registered
Hello all,

After wrestling with building a roll around table that has leveling capabilities for over a month, I finally got the PM 932 fired up!!

I'm sharing some pics for you guys. Feel free to comment good and bad. All opinions are welcomed!

One of the many issues with the table was that I wanted a tool box underneath for my tooling. My other boxes are full and even though this complicated the table dimensions, to me, it was worth it. Also, I had to get the machine high enough for the top to clear my existing counter tops.

On the floor pics, you can get a pretty good idea of how the casters and leveling pieces were put together. I'm pretty happy with it for now. Oh, also I used the chip pan that came with the PM 932, but I painted it black, so it would match the table and tool box.. While I was putting it together, I went ahead and plumbed a fitting in the coolant drain. That's my next "project". Installing a mist system.

No chips yet, but we're getting there !!!!

Enjoy

DSC_1179.JPG DSC_1180 (2).JPG DSC_1181.JPG DSC_1182.JPG DSC_1183.JPG DSC_1184.JPG

Wow man! That stand is AWESOME! I love incorporating those Craftsman drawered tool boxes. Nice action on the BB slides. My previous Heavy 10 fit one perfectly inside. The one have now is just 1/2 inch too small in width! Hah hah. First world problems hah.

And the leveling feet too... Man you really hooked yourself up!

From what I've heard here, you are going to love that machine. Nothing like having all your tooling at hand's reach too. You even ran coolant and air to it!

Bernie

Looks like a really nice setup. Good idea on installing levelers on your toolbox! I have the 932 PDF too and love it, my only regret is not getting the fancy DRO for it, but my Igaging's work well for the time being.

Did some fly cutting with the Tormach Super Fly Cutter last night...Im not sure how I lived without the power crossfeed before. I also had to drill about 300 holes, that power down feed was real helpful there too!

SuperFly.JPG

Enjoy your fancy new toy!

SuperFly.JPG

Can I say that I'm extremely jealous? Fantastic work and setup. Time to make chips!

Not only is that a really neat setup, but your shop is cleaner than my desk.

Great looking setup. Awesome job on the bench/stand. Now quite messing around and make some chips would ya.:bitingnails: I want to see that thing in action.

Mike.

Again, a neat idea. However ...

Does anyone have any concerns that it may be difficult to keep the mill level due to "flex" in the top of the tool cabinet?

Back