Finding a discontinued part for a dishwasher?

Cadillac STS

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
I have a Bosch dishwasher that has the soap dispenser door not opening.

Looking it up for most of them you would replace the wax motor on the dispenser but this one has a different kind of motor and I can't find a replacement wax motor

Need to replace the unit but it is discontinued. I called different places and seems like they just look it up and say not available.

Is there a place that has new old parts or where a discontinued part may be? Can't believe all the supply places discard everything once no longer made and just because it comes up on the computer as not available there must be one on a shelf?

Model number SHX99A15UC/19 machine and the part number for the dispenser assembly is 00431413

Does anyone know where I can look for it?

I usually go to repairclinic.com but they list your part as no longer available.

This doesn't answer your question directly but might be an alternative. We too have a Bosch dishwasher that was installed in 2009. It replaced a unit that was unsatisfactory because of detergent door problems. The technician that did the install was a friend. He told my wife to use Finish dishwasher pellet detergent and to just toss the pellet in tub when she started the cycle. That washer is still working .......actually its running as I write this. No door problems ,ever.

This doesn't answer your question directly but might be an alternative. We too have a Bosch dishwasher that was installed in 2009. It replaced a unit that was unsatisfactory because of detergent door problems. The technician that did the install was a friend. He told my wife to use Finish dishwasher pellet detergent and to just toss the pellet in tub when she started the cycle. That washer is still working .......actually its running as I write this. No door problems ,ever.
That is what we do and it works fine. May just need to keep that going. But would be nice to fix the broken part, maybe more now before even more time goes by and the expired part is more expired..

It is an excellent but older machine. We got it because it was the quietest made at the time. I have been through it over time. Replaced the door latch that broke, replaced the main motor impeller when water pressure went down, replaced the water inlet valve when it had the no water warning. Youtube has been good for all those fixes.

Reactions: jcp
You might check this one out, says they have 38, but who knows. Same thing broke on my brothers Bosch Dishwasher, if someone came into to replace it it cost as much as a new one, he bought a new one,

If you throw in a dishwasher tablet, there is a pre-wash and so it will not work during the wash cycle. I only use the dishwasher when we have company otherwise we find it quicker to hand wash as it is only for two, and the dogs, and the cat. Hmmmm.

If you throw in a dishwasher tablet, there is a pre-wash and so it will not work during the wash cycle.

Humm....I suppose that all I really need to run is the prewash and a rinse since the dishes come out clean.

You might check this one out, says they have 38, but who knows. Same thing broke on my brothers Bosch Dishwasher, if someone came into to replace it it cost as much as a new one, he bought a new one,

If you throw in a dishwasher tablet, there is a pre-wash and so it will not work during the wash cycle. I only use the dishwasher when we have company otherwise we find it quicker to hand wash as it is only for two, and the dogs, and the cat. Hmmmm.
Thanks for finding that for me I appreciate it

I tried to call but one location phone is disconnected and the other location didn’t pick up. The reason I want to call first is I just waited a week for Sears direct parts who took the order only to contact me to say they didn’t have it and refunded the money.

So I just tried to order one from there but the site doesn’t allow check out. They may not be in business.

Back