First chips on PM-932....COMPLETE WITH PICS !! !!! !!!!

1962guy

Registered
Registered
Hello all ,

Well, I made my first chips on the PM 932 tonight! What a great Friday night.

I had set up my vise last night, so it was ready to go. My first chips were made by milling down some 9/16 t-nuts so they would work on the 14mm slot in the 932. Once again, I reached out to Ray C and of course, as always he was ready to walk me through my very first machine operation !!

I am really excited. The PM-932 worked flawlessly. Also, the UPS man stopped by today with some end mills, and a few Starrett goodies.

All in all, a great start to the weekend. Plus a big bonus.....my wife is out of town. It doesn't get any better than this !!!!

DSC_1192.JPG DSC_1194.JPG DSC_1195.JPG DSC_1196.JPG DSC_1197.JPG DSC_1200 (2).JPG

Mine is going to go visit the kids/grandkids for three weeks. :))

And congrats on getting your machine up and running. Have fun!

Bill

:wavinghi:That's the same first job I did on my 932. Good choice on the machine and great job on the stand.

Cheers,

John

nice machine you will love it I love mine.
your going to probably want flood coolant or coolmist
about the wife... mine waits for UPS and always asks " How Much Was That ? " to which (witch) I reply " a lot less than Jenny Craig "
my wife luckily don't know how to use a pc hehehe
steve

Guys:

I thought long and hard before I posted this, but I have to say something.

This is a hobbyist cite, although I realize that many of you do machining work to earn at least part of your income. Machinery is expensive, as we all know. For each of you who owns an expensive lathe, mill or other equipment, your wife sacrificed a lot for you to own that equipment. She sacrifices more when you spend most (or at least a lot) of your spare time playing with your machines. As an example, only, I am about to purchase a PM 1440BV lathe and a 932PDF mill. My wife gave up a trip to Ireland for our 30th anniversary so I could buy these expensive toys.

If you enjoy using your machinery, that means that you are either single or have a wife that doesn't make your life miserable. Be thankful for what you have.

Do something nice for her for mother's day. Buy her a new tool for your shop.

Actually I proposed wifey to buy her some jewels, but she preferred an air compressor.
I guess I'm one of the few lucky guys having a wife able to repair a carburetor!

As long as we are on the subject of wives, OP, mine saw your pics and said "So that is what those machines can do?...cool!" I could see the gears in her head starting to turn and have a feeling she will be submitting some projects once I get up and running.

Your 932 looks really nice and I love the stand. Keep the pics coming!

Guys:

I thought long and hard before I posted this, but I have to say something.

This is a hobbyist cite, although I realize that many of you do machining work to earn at least part of your income. Machinery is expensive, as we all know. For each of you who owns an expensive lathe, mill or other equipment, your wife sacrificed a lot for you to own that equipment. She sacrifices more when you spend most (or at least a lot) of your spare time playing with your machines. As an example, only, I am about to purchase a PM 1440BV lathe and a 932PDF mill. My wife gave up a trip to Ireland for our 30th anniversary so I could buy these expensive toys.

If you enjoy using your machinery, that means that you are either single or have a wife that doesn't make your life miserable. Be thankful for what you have.

I do enjoy using my "tools" and she enjoys taking her beach trips, which BTW, I pay for. So, while she's in a condo, on the beach, I'm playing with my 932. Win-win.
In closing, its always a give and take, but I wouldn't ask my wife to trade "tools" for a 30 year anniversary trip. If it was her idea, I'd be worried.................

Back